This is a comprehensive guide to the entire bankruptcy process, including involuntary, creditor and adversary proceedings. The book also lists fees, filing requirements, names, addresses and telephone numbers for every bankruptcy court in the nation. Written by a professional paralegal with more than 20 years of experience, Bankruptcy Courts & Procedures provides the tools necessary to guide you through your case whether you’re new to the field or an experienced bankruptcy professional. Bankruptcy Courts & Procedures provides information necessary to file in every bankruptcy court nationwide, with filing requirements for all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. In addition to filing guidelines, the book is a comprehensive source for bankruptcy proceedings. The author offers a thorough overview of bankruptcy, including:
- All Types of Bankruptcy Cases
- Adversary Proceedings
- Conversion and Dismissal
- Role of the Trustee
- Debtor’s Estate and Appeals
- The Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention & Consumer Protection Act of 2005
Revised Bankruptcy Court Directory (Chapter 16)
Current contact information for:
- Bankruptcy Administrators
- Bankruptcy Trustees
New filing requirements and procedures concerning:
- Electronic access to court records
You’ll find specific examples and requirements for filing cases in every U.S. bankruptcy court. This forms-oriented guide includes:
- National filing directory with names, addresses, phone numbers and filing requirements for every jurisdiction in the country.
- More than 140 sample forms, checklists, petitions, schedules and timetables to ensure all relevant information is completed correctly and included in filing.
- Listings of courts utilizing computerized telephone information, PACER and VCIS.
- Summaries of procedures to effectively complete files and documents.
- Protocol for obtaining copies, including phone numbers for copy centers and per-copy charges.
- And much more!