Practice-Tested Tips for Proving Damages and Maximizing Settlements
Whether your client’s damages appear easily calculable and straightforward (e.g., medical expenses, lost wages), or are intangible and not precisely calculable (e.g., pain and suffering, loss of consortium), the Damages and Settlement Sampler will assist you in all aspects of your case, from determining a dollar amount for damages, to reaching a fair settlement. Some highlights include:
- Easy-to-follow examples show you clearly how to determine damages.
- Detailed lists tell you what information you may need from your client and other sources.
- Common models, methods, and formulas help you calculate the case’s value.
- 22 sample interrogatories to use in your damages case, including 11 that will help you combat common defenses and denials.
- 11 common juror biases and how to overcome them.
- Learn what motivates juries, and how to present your case effectively.
- Advice for understanding insurance companies’ most common questions; identifying red flags in a claim; and presenting your claim for maximum recovery.
- Expert insights into insurance claims adjusters’ tricks of the trade for investigating, negotiating, and settling disputed claims.
- Practice-tested tactics for negotiating small personal injury cases.
It is instantly accessible via a link to download Microsoft Word files.