How Economists Compute Lost Earnings and Other Economic Damages in Personal Injury Cases
The goal of the economist or other damages expert in personal injury, wrongful death, and similar types of tort cases, is to calculate damages as a lump sum today that exactly matches the economic losses the plaintiff has incurred in the past and will reasonably incur in the future. Learn the procedures used by economists to achieve this goal in this compact 58-page eGuide.
Dr. Stephenson’s eguide teaches you how damages experts:
– Measure base earnings and an account for earnings growth.
– Determine life and work-life expectancy.
– Value fringe benefits.
– Measure the replacement value of household services.
– Adjust for mitigation, inflation, taxes, and personal consumption.
– Estimate future medical care costs.
– Compute the present value of past and future losses.
You may also like…
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Phone: 1-866-72-JAMES (866-725-2637)
Fax: (714) 751-2709